Day 1.4
OK, so I have to restart all over again today. I didn't end up writing about yesterday. It was so bad that I just went to bed when it was all over. Luckily I didn't scream or yell at the kids.
So today is a new day all around. Let's see how it goes. . .
Ugh. . . I hate this age! A simple time out for back talking should have been so easy. Instead it turned into a screamfest and resulted in her TV getting taken away again. She has no idea how to calm herself down once she gets into that state. But she also will not allow me near her to help comfort her and help her settle down. Not sure exactly what to do about this.
So the rest of the day went ok. It almost seems like she needs to push the boundaries at least once a day. . .? but maybe that has more to do with her being tired and/or hungry? Once the line was drawn and "mean mom" came out she settles back down into her normal self. The other thing that I noticed is that she really needs someone to listen between the lines. She isn't good at communicating what happened that is bothering her, so she just communicates her anger and frustration. So far, I seem to be reacting to the anger and frustration instead of actually listening to the hurt behind it. That seems to be my MO in relationships.
Good news, I didn't scream. I probably came close though.
So today is a new day all around. Let's see how it goes. . .
Ugh. . . I hate this age! A simple time out for back talking should have been so easy. Instead it turned into a screamfest and resulted in her TV getting taken away again. She has no idea how to calm herself down once she gets into that state. But she also will not allow me near her to help comfort her and help her settle down. Not sure exactly what to do about this.
So the rest of the day went ok. It almost seems like she needs to push the boundaries at least once a day. . .? but maybe that has more to do with her being tired and/or hungry? Once the line was drawn and "mean mom" came out she settles back down into her normal self. The other thing that I noticed is that she really needs someone to listen between the lines. She isn't good at communicating what happened that is bothering her, so she just communicates her anger and frustration. So far, I seem to be reacting to the anger and frustration instead of actually listening to the hurt behind it. That seems to be my MO in relationships.
Good news, I didn't scream. I probably came close though.
Comments
Post a Comment