Day 1.6 Ugh!

I made it almost 2 full days. (For no good reason, I didn't blog about 1.5)  I need to start reading more of that book and start putting more of it into practice. I also need to stick to the consequences more/faster. I need to remind about the rules. I also need to stop and get down on her level more and actually talk to her.

The other thing that I really need to do is TAKE CARE OF MYSELF. I know that it is so cliche to say that but I never take care of myself. I have been better about eating more often and about drinking more water. But I need to exercise a bit more and get those endorphins flowing. I feel so much better today after working out a few minutes. I really need to figure out a way to get my mental health under better management. I know that writing is huge for me. Not only does it remind me of my goals but it also helps me unload many of my feelings. It also helps clear my mind of other things that might be blocking me. Its amazing how the thoughts just flow when I start typing.

I'm not really sure how to get past these first few days. I feel like I am actually doing much better despite having to start over again and again. I'm not actually yelling and turning into "monster mom". I'm not being very patient and I'm not always very loving. I don't always speak in kind, loving, yet firm tones. Maybe I am being too hard on myself some days. I know that I am only human, but I'm doing this for them, not just for myself. They DESERVE a better mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggers

Minimalism With A Family