Food Budget
I have completely fallen off the food budget wagon. I got lazy. I got complacent. I stopped caring. I also felt a bit defeated. I had read so many stories about moms who have cut their grocery budget in half. Families of 5 who spend less than $100/week on food (including paper products)! I was doing so well for so long and then I just gave up because I couldn't get it to where I wanted it. I didn't spend the time organizing everything so I could know if something was a good deal or not. I have plenty of time to sit and organize my list and make things work for us. I'm just being lazy.
I'm learning that part of loving your family is taking care of them financially. I am not the money-maker in the family but my job of making the money last is just as important. Dave Ramsey says something about the stay-at-home mom being the CFO of the family, and I have done a horrible job of it so far. I would fire me if I managed my money like this. I CAN do better. I need to do better. Helping make the money last will help take a lot of financial stress off of M.
Our budget earlier in the year was $150/week - including paper stuff and alcohol. But it slowly started falling apart. It started with outside trips don't count. Then alcohol didn't count. and lately paper products don't count. And what should have been a $750/month budget became $900 for august and that doesn't include the $100 on paper products or the $200 spent on alcohol.
I'm completely appalled at myself for allowing this to happen.
I'm going to go open a spreadsheet and fix this mess.
I'm also going to start shopping sales and I'm going to visit the cheap store and see what their prices are.
I'm going to go heavily into all- meal planning and try to get our budget organized that way too. I think that a huge portion of our budget goes into lunch stuff and I usually only get complaints about that anyway.
I'm learning that part of loving your family is taking care of them financially. I am not the money-maker in the family but my job of making the money last is just as important. Dave Ramsey says something about the stay-at-home mom being the CFO of the family, and I have done a horrible job of it so far. I would fire me if I managed my money like this. I CAN do better. I need to do better. Helping make the money last will help take a lot of financial stress off of M.
Our budget earlier in the year was $150/week - including paper stuff and alcohol. But it slowly started falling apart. It started with outside trips don't count. Then alcohol didn't count. and lately paper products don't count. And what should have been a $750/month budget became $900 for august and that doesn't include the $100 on paper products or the $200 spent on alcohol.
I'm completely appalled at myself for allowing this to happen.
I'm going to go open a spreadsheet and fix this mess.
I'm also going to start shopping sales and I'm going to visit the cheap store and see what their prices are.
I'm going to go heavily into all- meal planning and try to get our budget organized that way too. I think that a huge portion of our budget goes into lunch stuff and I usually only get complaints about that anyway.
Comments
Post a Comment