I'm Doing This! (Day 3)
So I'm only half way into day 3 but I feel much better this time around. I'm still getting stressed but for some reason the urge to yell hasn't come up. I've definitely gotten frustrated and I've gotten annoyed and my kids have totally acted like kids, BUT my desire to yell is just gone. I'm not nieve in thinking that it will always be gone but for right now, it is.
Orange Rhino tip for yesterday was to ask yourself WHY you felt like yelling. What she learned was that when she asked her self WHY, she realized that it was her own issues that made her want to yell, not the kid's behavior. And I think that is true for me too. I'm too busy and too stressed to take a step back and spend the few minutes my kids need to meet their needs. Or I'm too busy to take the time that they need to catch up to what I'm doing or need them to do. And that really isn't their fault at all. They are just kids being kids.
In other news, I ordered a new planner. A very expensive and very customized day planner. I LOVED my bujo for what it offered - customization. But I hated that I had to spend each day/week/month writing and organizing it out so that I could actually USE it. I just wanted a planner that I could use without having to spend any time on. This group that I am in kept raving about Plum Paper Planners and I just had to see what it was all about.
I have to admit that I was a bit confused and put off at first. I didn't really understand how all the customization worked and I didn't really have the time to figure it out. But eventually I took a few minutes and put it together. Then I took a few more minutes and re-did it. After about 3 times of redoing it I finally got it perfect. It is basically my old bujo layout but already completed and bound up for me. I also added a few extra sections that I do in my current planner and a few extra pieces of blank paper so I can write other things down. I'm most excited that it is a full year all in one place and I don't have to worry about not having enough pages to do what I want. My OCD neuroses makes me want to keep a full year all together. BUT, I'm actually too excited about this to wait till January so I am going from sept 2018-dec 2019. It will be a few more months but It will be worth it. The only thing that makes me a bit sad about it is that I think I could have added some more extras if I had only done sept-sept. But after looking at all the customization options, I'm not sure that I would actually use any of the other things. They might be nice to have, but they aren't things I already use so why would I use it in a new organizer?
Orange Rhino tip for yesterday was to ask yourself WHY you felt like yelling. What she learned was that when she asked her self WHY, she realized that it was her own issues that made her want to yell, not the kid's behavior. And I think that is true for me too. I'm too busy and too stressed to take a step back and spend the few minutes my kids need to meet their needs. Or I'm too busy to take the time that they need to catch up to what I'm doing or need them to do. And that really isn't their fault at all. They are just kids being kids.
In other news, I ordered a new planner. A very expensive and very customized day planner. I LOVED my bujo for what it offered - customization. But I hated that I had to spend each day/week/month writing and organizing it out so that I could actually USE it. I just wanted a planner that I could use without having to spend any time on. This group that I am in kept raving about Plum Paper Planners and I just had to see what it was all about.
I have to admit that I was a bit confused and put off at first. I didn't really understand how all the customization worked and I didn't really have the time to figure it out. But eventually I took a few minutes and put it together. Then I took a few more minutes and re-did it. After about 3 times of redoing it I finally got it perfect. It is basically my old bujo layout but already completed and bound up for me. I also added a few extra sections that I do in my current planner and a few extra pieces of blank paper so I can write other things down. I'm most excited that it is a full year all in one place and I don't have to worry about not having enough pages to do what I want. My OCD neuroses makes me want to keep a full year all together. BUT, I'm actually too excited about this to wait till January so I am going from sept 2018-dec 2019. It will be a few more months but It will be worth it. The only thing that makes me a bit sad about it is that I think I could have added some more extras if I had only done sept-sept. But after looking at all the customization options, I'm not sure that I would actually use any of the other things. They might be nice to have, but they aren't things I already use so why would I use it in a new organizer?
Comments
Post a Comment