Follow Through

I have zero follow through. I mean, zero. I get really excited about something and will throw my whole self into it for a while, then I just give up and leave it alone. Even things that I really, really want to do. I've been doing some research on it and I'm wondering if maybe it's part of my depression???? This one site said it has a lot to do with your personality and had mentioned this book that I am maybe going to get a chance to read one day. But I'm not really ready to do that just yet. So I'm trying to find tips and tricks to add to my day that will help me follow through with something.

One suggestion was to make your day like a latter where what you normally do - want to do do really bad - is at the top of the ladder and you add the things you want to become a habit as the bottom rungs. She used the example of getting more exercise and drinking more water as something she wanted to do. The thing that she always did, and really wanted to do was eat lunch. So before she could eat lunch, she made herself drink water and climb the stairs at the office. I think this is an idea that might work for me. And I love the idea of breaking things up by meals. I love to eat as much as anyone else, and I also need to eat so it's a great idea to make yourself do certain things before you are allowed to eat.

One of the things I want to do more of is be physically affectionate with H. I have noticed that I hug and kiss E all the time - mainly because she is in my lap all the time, but also because I find her personality easier to get along with. But I don't really think that is fair to H. She sees me being affectionate it E but probably notices that she doesn't get nearly as much. So today I started doing 3 kisses before meals. It is actually much easier to fit in the kisses than I though, although the first few were a bit awkward because I haven't really kissed her in a long time. But it got easier. And she started asking for them too. So now it's even easier to get them in! It has made the morning go much smoother - despite E needing so much extra attention today, I have made sure that H is getting more physical affection and more time. I'm not brushing her aside as much just because she is older and can manage herself. She is only 4! What 4 year old should manage herself??? I'm finding that this is especially important now that we have another one coming. I really don't want to push E aside the same way I did with H. And I don't want H to get pushed away even farther.

On top of this, I there are so many things I want to follow through on, but this is just one ladder in the rung.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggers

Minimalism With A Family