I Need Something To Do
I have suffered from mild depression since I was 18. Writing that actually makes me cringe because that means that I have had depression for 20 years. None of it has been medicated. And I think that is probably a huge problem for me. With my previous pregnancies and post partum periods I know that I have had PPD, but due to the medical crap hole of kaiser mental health I was never treated. One thing I really like about my current Doc is that their office will treat/medicate as needed without having to jump through hoops. Assuming that I stay with this doc, I am going to try the medication. I know that I need it and I really think that it will help.
But until then, I find myself losing myself. Staying at home is not really good for my mental health. I need more to do and more interaction in order to have a healthy outlook on life. That isn't to say that I don't love my kids and that I want to be away from them all day, because I definitely do not, but I am turning to mush just sitting here all day. I'm bored and lonely. There is a bunch I could do but I have zero motivation. I feed and water my kids, and have a relatively clean house, but that is about it.
Some things that I would like to do:
Compost
Garden
do more school/education
teach better accountability
But until then, I find myself losing myself. Staying at home is not really good for my mental health. I need more to do and more interaction in order to have a healthy outlook on life. That isn't to say that I don't love my kids and that I want to be away from them all day, because I definitely do not, but I am turning to mush just sitting here all day. I'm bored and lonely. There is a bunch I could do but I have zero motivation. I feed and water my kids, and have a relatively clean house, but that is about it.
Some things that I would like to do:
Compost
Garden
do more school/education
teach better accountability
Comments
Post a Comment