Frustrations With Toddlers
For the past two weeks or so there have been a lot of frustrations with the littlest one. Mornings are really tough - mainly because she isn't sleeping enough at night, gets hungry easily, and can't fully communicate what she needs. she goes from 0 - tantrum in less than 2 seconds. I guess we are heading into the terrible twos. And unfortunately I haven't been the most understanding. I have been getting frustrated very easily and have probably made things much worse.
It is so hard communicating with someone who can't actually communicate effectively. It's so frustrating trying to understand in 100 different ways and the person you are communicating with just gets more and more upset because you aren't understanding. I need to remember that this is all part of growing up and the more understanding and loving I am, the better our relationship will be when it's all over.
I need to change my perspective on this. I know that it's coming, I know that it is normal and that it is developmentally appropriate and I have to learn how to just hang on for the ride. I have to learn to just accept that this is where she is at in life. I think that is a huge part of becoming a parent - accepting your kids where they are at in each stage of life. Don't try to push them through the difficult stages because the stages will pass eventually
It is so hard communicating with someone who can't actually communicate effectively. It's so frustrating trying to understand in 100 different ways and the person you are communicating with just gets more and more upset because you aren't understanding. I need to remember that this is all part of growing up and the more understanding and loving I am, the better our relationship will be when it's all over.
I need to change my perspective on this. I know that it's coming, I know that it is normal and that it is developmentally appropriate and I have to learn how to just hang on for the ride. I have to learn to just accept that this is where she is at in life. I think that is a huge part of becoming a parent - accepting your kids where they are at in each stage of life. Don't try to push them through the difficult stages because the stages will pass eventually
Comments
Post a Comment