Phone Free

I really want to go phone free for a while. I need to cut the cord and separate myself from the outside and really start focusing on myself and my own life. I am constantly reaching out for other things and to other people for some sort of validation. I feel so pushed down in my own life that I am looking for some way to climb up and out and to have a voice.

But the phone is actually causing me to lose more of my own life because I am spending too much time focusing on the lives of other people in this "imaginary" world. I don't even see my own life in front of me.

But the flip side of that is that I feel so bored in my life  - my brain is seriously mush. It's empty.

I use my phone just to give my brain something to do. Not that there isn't plenty of stuff around here to do. But again, it's about the connection, about education, about quiet. It's a way for me to lose myself in my own world in the middle of the boring. stressful, empty chaos that surrounds me.

I've read about people who have gone phone-free and how it has changed their life. How it helps them reconnect to their own lives and allows them to fall in love with it again. I NEED that.

But I'm terrified how I will cope. It seems to be my main coping method for life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triggers

Minimalism With A Family